health and the correct lifestyle
Back to all articles
5 Ways to Make Your Smile White
06 MAY 2015
If you’re looking for an easy way to look younger, all you have to do is smile. Researchers found that strangers are more likely to underestimate a person’s age if he or she is smiling!
Looking for the best ways to get a white smile?If you’re looking for an easy way to look younger, all you have to do is smile. Researchers found that strangers are more likely to underestimate a person’s age if he or she is smiling! However, according to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), a smile soured by damaged or yellow teeth has the exact opposite effect and tends to make you appear even older than your years. Fortunately, there are many ways to achieve a beautiful, white smile. Here’s what Dr Yakubiv Fedya - our cosmetic dentist recommends to make a bright smile and look younger !!
1. Use a dental floss or a waterflosserWhat is the No. 1 way to a bright, white smile? Daily oral hygiene! Dr. Fedya Yakubiv recommends brushing your teeth at least twice a day. And because the toothbrush can’t the interdental spaces, proper flossing or waterflossing is a sure way to prevent bacteria and plaque buildup in your mouth.
2. Calcium and Vitamin CMaintaining strong teeth is another way to keep your smile looking bright. Eating a balanced diet can prevent tooth decay, erosion, and periodontal disease. Calcium is needed to grow and develop both baby and adult teeth. If you’re looking for some of the best foods to maintain a strong, healthy bite, go for calcium-rich low-fat and fat-free milk, cheeses, green leafy vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, and calcium-fortified juices, breakfast cereals, breads, or soy products.
Vitamin C is another nutrient that helps maintain strong teeth by working as an antioxidant to repair tissue and prevent disease-causing bacteria from penetrating the gums, so those cruciferous veggies — particularly broccoli — will do double duty, since they’re rich in both calcium and vitamin C.
In addition, any crunchy fruits and veggies, like apples and carrots, are good for your teeth, since chewing them increases levels of saliva, which can help protect the teeth from plaque-causing bacteria by breaking down food caught between teeth. Similarly, drinking plenty of water also helps rid your mouth of such bacteria (especially after meals) while also helping to prevent stains and protect your teeth from the harmful effects of acidic foods and beverages. Chewing sugarless gum is another simple way to trigger saliva — a natural way to fight acid and keep your teeth looking bright.
3. Forget Food and Drink FoesConversely, there are also foods that can put your white smile in jeopardy. Avoid sodas — even diet! — and sugary foods, especially hard, sticky, or gummy candies. They cause tooth decay and discoloration that appears as bright white spots on the teeth. Foods and beverages that cause teeth staining are red wine, coffee, black tea. Tobacco also stains the teeth enamel.
4. Try Professional WhiteningTeeth whitening at Yakubiv dental clinic is the fastest and more effective way to get a white smile. Professional chairside whitening treatment like Zoom! uses a much higher concentration of whitening ingredients than home whitening products, and it takes only about one hour to finish!
5. Choose the right home Whitening ProductsProfessional whitening when combined with a good whitening toothpaste is one pf the best ways toward achieving a white smile. The whitening toothpaste removes the external surface stains, and keeps the effects of the professional whitening for a longer time. Dr Yakubiv Fedya usually recommends the ROCS PRO whitening toothpaste amd the ROCS PRO Oxy-Whitening gel.
In Yakubiv dental clinic, we care for your smile ! Call today for a free consultation at 22006677Dr. Fedya Yakubiv
|John Kennedy Avenue1,|
|Call now + 357 22 00 66 77|